Official rules for the $1300.00 Brock Street Barbecue Giveaway No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Brock Street Napoleon Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway (the “Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway”) is open to legal residents of Ontario who are at least nineteen (19) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Brock Street and any related company and their parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway. The Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
2. The Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway is provided solely by Brock Street Brewing Company Ltd, 244 Brock St. South, Whitby Ontario. (the “Brewery”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway, you (each and collectively, the “Entrant(s)” or “you” or “your”) indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Brewery’s decisions regarding the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Official Rules are subject to disqualification by the Brewery, in Brewery’s sole discretion.
4. How to Enter: entrants can submit an entry via two (2) possible forums:
(a) by completing the online form contained at www.brockstreetbrewing.com which include submitting the entrance full name and email address;
(b) by liking, sharing, and tagging a friend on the Barbecue Prize Pack Giveaway post that was published on the official Brock Street Brewing Company Facebook page and Instagram page posted on such official pages on or about Feb 23, 2021 (“Barbecue Prize Post”);
Entry forms must be submitted during the Entry Period (as hereinafter defined) for the entry to be considered “completed in full” and valid.
b. Bonus Entries. After an Entrant enters the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway by submitting an entry form in full as described above, Entrants have the opportunity to generate “Bonus Entries” into the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway. Entrants shall have the option to share the Barbecue Prize Post on Entrant’s Facebook and/or Instagram accounts (“Social Accounts”), provided that the original Barbecue Prize Post should not be edited by Entrant prior to publishing said message in a post, with the exception that Entrant may tag one (1) or more of Entrant’s contact(s) in each Facebook and/or Instagram post (each, a “Post”). If a third-party subsequently enters the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway in accordance with these Official Rules through the unique link in your Post, you will receive one (1) bonus Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway entry (“Bonus Entry”). You must be a registered user of Facebook and/or Instagram in order to generate Bonus Entries. Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (http://instagram.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/terms.php). Standard message and data rates may apply. Your Social Account must be a personal account; it may not be a corporate or shared account.
c. Additional Terms. Brewery reserves the right to disqualify any entry (including any Bonus Entry) if the Post is deemed to be abusive, harmful, unlawful, or is in violation of these Official Rules, or for any other reason within Brewery’s reasonable discretion. Posts must not directly or indirectly imply a connection
5. Drawing: On or around May 16, 2021, Brewery will select one (1) Grand Prize winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Brewery will contact the potential Grand Prize winner via email or direct message via Facebook or Instagram on or around May 16 2021 using the information provided on each selected entry form. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received (including eligible Bonus Entries generated).
6. Potential Winner Requirements: Brewery will attempt to notify the winner within one (1) business day of the date of selection, using the information included on the selected entry. If the Prize winner does not respond within three (3) days of Brewery’s initial contact attempt, or otherwise does not or cannot accept a Prize, Brewery may redraw for the applicable Prize. Except where prohibited, each winner may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and a confidentiality agreement (the “Affidavit/Release”) within three (3) days of notification. In addition, the potential winner will also be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question without any assistance in order to receive a Prize. If a potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period or fails to return the provided documents and/or fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly, in each case within a commercially timely manner, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Brewery is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Brewery to receive a selected Entrant response.
7. Prizes The Grand Prize winner will receive a Napoleon Barbecue, a 4 beer Sample pack from Brock Street, Two T shirts, barbecue aprons, 12 beer glasses and all other items described in the Barbecue Prize Post. It is the sole responsibility of the Winner to retrieve all products from the brewery or to incur the cost of shipping to their location.
The value of each of the prizes may be treated as income to the applicable winner and thus the winner may be responsible for payment and reporting of any applicable taxes. We encourage you to consult your tax advisor to determine how winning this prize may affect your tax obligations. The Prize is not transferable. No cash or other substitution is allowed. Each potential winner must supply at the time of Prize acceptance, a valid Ontario postal address, phone number and e-mail address (as applicable). If repeated attempts to contact a potential winner to arrange for fulfillment of the Prize are met with no response, or the winner cannot or does not accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and the Brewery has the right to select an alternate winner in a random drawing of the remaining eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Brewery may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend or cancel the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Brewery reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any
attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Brewery reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Brewery to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Brewery by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Brewery. The Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: Brock Street will not request any personal information from any entrant nor will Brock Street request any credit card information. There is no purchase required to enter and no payment to enter. Brock Street does not require Entrants to submit confirmation of credit card information to enter for this, or any, prize contest. By participating in the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway, to the extent permissible by law, you agree to release, on behalf of yourself, successors, heirs, personal representatives and assigns, and hold harmless Brewery, its respective parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all costs arising out of any claim or cause of action, now known or hereafter known, to the extent arising out of or related to your participation in the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway entry or receipt, acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize, or of any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway; (b) injury or damage to persons or property, as a result of your failure to properly operate the prize in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions including; or (c) any warranty with respect to any prize or component thereof. To the extent permissible by law, you waive the right on behalf of yourself, successors, heirs, personal representatives and assigns to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages regardless of whether Brewery knew or had reason to know of the possibility thereof. You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway and your receipt or use of any prize is done solely at your own risk. THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND BREWERY DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE(S). For any defects in the Napoleon Barbecue the Winner will rely solely on manufacturer’s warranties.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway (including use of any prize) constitutes your consent to Brewery’s and its agents’ use of your name, likeness, photograph, video, prize footage, voice, opinions for promotional purposes worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media, manner, and formats now known or hereafter devised, without further payment or consideration.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Ontario, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Brewery in connection with the Barbecue Prize Package Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ontario.
12. Results: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Brock Street Brewing Company, 244 Brock Street South, Whitby Ontario, L1N 4K1. Requests must be received by April 1, 2021.